UHC trying to send a nurse to my house to get my A1C?

I'm posting this here because I felt it was a bit scammy, and I want to see what you all think.

I woke up to a voicemail from a person "calling on behalf of United HealthCare". When I called them back, the recorded prompt stated the company was "Aegis Care", and the representative greeted me by name without me providing any information. All things that raise suspicion, but nothing egregious.

The guy explained that they would like to send a nurse to my home to perform a physical, getting my blood pressure, heart rate, and A1c. I explained that I've already had a physical and yearly bloodwork done, as well as the quarterly bloodwork for my endo, and asked why they need this done again. They say that HIPPA prevents them from getting this information. I ask what I get for submitting to this and what I don't get if I don't. They tell me that service allows them to better direct services for me and point out better treatments. He says that they will have a nurse in my area Monday and ask if I am available. I've worked high pressure sales gigs and know this is an absolute lie. I said I'd be declining and they hung up pretty quick.

  1. I don't know who these people are, and they operate under shady high-pressure sales tactics. They're not coming into my fucking home. It sounds like UHC sold them my info and they're trying to get me to sign up for unnecessary services that they can then bill to UHC. Nice little scam.

  2. As far as I see it, UHC knowing my A1c can only hurt me. They'll use it as future justification for raising premiums or denying services whether my numbers are high or low.

Anyone have input on what was going on here?