A few years before I went on the pump, I was on a daily regimen of NPH, and Humalog. I ended up having several hypoglycemic episodes within a two year period. All of which resulted in seizure, and one resulting is severe road rash on my face.
After a few of these episodes, I noticed I started getting panic attacks. The fist one happening while I was driving. I started chugging juice in response, and noticed very high blood sugar when I checked afterwards. Like I wasn't low in the first place. I've checked my blood sugar at 240, yet my body is telling me I'm low. I've checked my blood sugar at 90, and get nervous that it might suddenly drop. Irrational fear I know, but knowing that doesn't stop the flight or fight response.
Now, about seven years after all this was going on, the panic attacks are much less frequent. I did begin using cannabis daily a few months after this all took place, not sure if that helped with that at all, but I still get a bit anxious when I talk about hypoglycemia in general. I make it a point to check more often to keep the anxiety at bay, but even that only goes so far.
Social Plugin