t2 diagnosed in January with a 12.6. 10 units of Lantus + 1000mg of metformin (2x 500mg pills with breakfast and dinner)
Cut carbs to 100-150 a day, only good carbs, tested 8 times a day, worked out 4 times a week. Resting was always under 100, rarely went above 120, even 1.5 hours after meals w/ 50g carbs.
Slipped in the last month and went to about 200-250g carbs a day, and a fair bit of bad carbs in there. Resting was at 115ish while I was regularly hitting 160 after meals.
Was VERY worried about my a1c test after fathers day and an unusual number of birthday parties in the past month. Plus a bachelor party where a group of 10 of us drank 600 beers in 3 days.
Well... came back at 6.1 6 months to the day after my diagnosis! I am very happy and proud! Might be able to come off the insulin shots soon. So excited! I just cant get used to them.
Wanted to thank this sub for all the information and support!
Social Plugin