Hey Guys, im 21 and was told i have Type 2 diabetes last year September. I had all the common symptoms but couldn't find myself to go doctors it was the sudden weight loss that made me go. My fasting blood sugar was like 11 mmol ( 198) and my hba1c was around 12% if i remember correctly. My last blood test that i had done in February showed that my Hba1c has dropped to 5.5% or so. Now, last year after finding out that i had type 2 diabetes i started to eat right and i start to exercise and i stopped soft drinks all together having a coke zero here and there no fast food, i started to work out. I'm an obese guy and i still am, for the past 3 weeks or so i just lost control of myself. I started to eat how i was eating before i found out i had diabetes, i was eating fast food daily but id only drink Coke zero. Up until last sunday i just realised what am i doing to myself? my levels can regulate now but if i continue on like this how will they be in 10 - 20 years?. I also take medication to lower my blood pressure as i know thats common in diabetics. Everyone tells me to exercise and to lose weight as its the best for me and it will help me so much in the long run. I've cut the junk food, i started to go gym again i start to exercise again but i just cant get rid of the guilt. Knowing that i made my self like this, and knowing that i have an opportunity to make things better but i go and eat junk food and such. I just want to stick to a healthy lifestyle that works around eating better and exercising. I know myself if i continue eating whatever and spiking my blood sugar levels like crazy it just only does damage in the long run.
Sorry if things don't make sense and if it just seems like a massive rant but it felt good to get that off my chest and i feel like no one i know will understand what im going through right now.
Social Plugin