I don't have a diagnosis of prediabtes or diabetes atm and I am of normal BMI (18). I only eat one meal a day, and because I only eat one meal a day it tends to be big. I only eat whole foods, but just ate 300 grams of carbs in the form of sweet potatoes and beans.
An hour after finishing my meal my blood sugar was over 14 mmol . On average my blood sugar will be 9 mmol 1-2 hours after eating my big meal. According to the literature this is bad and symptomatic of prediabetes / diabetes, but I don't know if this applies to me since I am eating a very large amount of food (especially carbs in the form of vegetables) after fasting for 24 hours each day. By comparison when I eat a "normal" amount of food my blood sugar is typically 4-6 mmol.
Should I be worried about this? Or would a temporary large spike of blood sugar not be a problem? I prefer the famine/feast lifestyle, but am concerned of potential long term consequences.
Thanks.
Social Plugin