Hello all,
First off, thank you for any input you have. I am going to an endocrinologist soon, so please don't tell me to just visit a doctor. I'm going to, but I was just wondering if any of you had some of these symptoms before being diagnosed.
First off, I'm not diagnosed with diabetes, and I don't think I for sure have it. I'm 15, a female at birth (really transgender male but haven't started medically transitioning yet, so that should affect anything), 5'7", about 133 lbs, so a good weight for my height. A few months ago I was diagnosed with celiac disease, which is another autoimmune disease.
Lately I haven't been feeling great. It's odd, because I go through periods where I feel like crap, and then it appears to get a little better.
I heard some people talk about how T1 can come on slower than previously thought, which intrigued me. When I say periods of feeling bad, I mean for about 2 weeks at a time, and it's been occurring for several months. I never feel great, but it has phases where it is worse.
During the bad phases: I have extreme thirst. My mouth feels like it doesn't have saliva and no amount of water satisfies me. I feel dizzy a lot. My hands and feet are icy and get numb and tingly very easily. I'm very hungry, and my stomach is upset. I can't think straight at all. I use the wrong words, mispronounce words I know how to say, can't spell well, and have a hard time understanding things that normally are easy for me. I crave sugary things in particular. I know this is a symptom of hypo and not hyper, but did any of you crave sugar before diagnosis? I've never craved sugar like I have lately, but I always feel somewhat lethargic.
One time a couple weeks ago, there was a couple hour period where I got very dizzy and my cheeks became very flushed. I wasnt feeling hot, and it was cool outside, but my fave turned bright red and I kept thinking I might pass out. I was very thirsty, but for some reason later that night it went away. I don't know what changed, but my dad was pretty concerned for me during that time period.
I am seeing a doctor soon, so no worries, but I am wondering if any of you experienced any of this. It's odd because those periods I will be peeing every hour or so and feel very terrible for a couple days to a week, and then gradually feel better, before it starts again. Any similar experiences? Could this be a "honeymoon" period where my pancreas is still semi-functional?
Thank you for any input. :)
Social Plugin