I am 18w (edited to add I will be 19w on Monday) and while my blood sugars have been mostly good and my a1c is still in the 5s I largely attribute that to the fact that I also have lows when I over correct to much. I don't often go above 200 but I would say at least 2-3 times a week (maybe more!!) I am getting up to the 180s-190s. My doc and I constantly work on my ratios but I think I almost make it harder by re-correcting when I get around 150/160 and then sometimes dipping low by miscalculating how much my on board insulin will still affect me/how fast I am going up etc. therefore making it hard for her to really see what is going on - she also is very cautious with me going low (which I completely understand). I see people say its okay to have the occasional high but I am just so worried about these highs. I also am NOT the diabetic that can stay below 120/130. I usually am okay going up to 130/140 after my meals and only start to sweat when I get to the 150s but these 180/190s just have me nervous coupled with 200s (and even a 300 here or there). My last check up baby was in the 47% (that was at 16 weeks) but as soon as I leave the doctor every time I start to worry the next day!!! I don't even think I have hit resistance yet (or at least not full on) so I am REALLY not looking forward to that. When did that usually happen for you ladies?
Any experience/advice is appreciated! Sorry that was all over the place.
Social Plugin