Potential Dexcom workaround for unsupported Android devices

Fellow Dexcom G5 and Android users! You may have heard that Dexcom's released an Android app, but it sadly only supports a few devices. For those whose phones are not officially supported, I think I've found a workaround! I commented with this information on /u/SpeedingUptoStop's post a couple days ago, but thought it deserved a little more visibility, since I've got my whole rig working. Curious if others, particularly outside the Samsung family, have been able to get the app to work.

You can download the APK to your phone and install the app that way (must allow installation of apps from sources other than the Play Store enabled under Lock Screen and Security>Unknown sources). I have a S6 Edge+ and it's been working well on my phone for a couple days now. I also have it running on my Moto 360!

Anyways, if you'd like to try, this is the site I used to download the APK: http://ift.tt/2tcSZ1Q