Recently diagnosed with Type 1, still having a fairly hard time.

I have been diagnosed with Type 1 a little over two weeks ago. I have learned how to take care of myself and am still increasing my dosage of Lantus. I finally woke up in range this morning for the first time. I thought that it would make me feel excited, but today I have felt more sad and depressed than I have since my diagnosis. I hate the idea that I will never have my old life back and that I have to wake up earlier to make food for the day or plan what time I am going to eat what. I feel so stuck already. My husband has been very supportive and changed his diet as well. When I try to tell him how I feel, he says he is eating the same way and doesn't understand why I am upset. He doesn't understand that I HAVE to eat this way and have no choice in the matter. I am either hungry, or my stomach hurts from eating. This shit sucks.

I also just started my masters program yesterday, which I had hoped would take my mind off of how I am feeling, but it hasn't. I just needed to vent to some people who understand and hate this disease as much as I do.