T1 diabetic with Medicaid having trouble finding an endocrinologist. (MI)

Hi Reddit,

Recently I was knocked off my family's insurance plan (blue care network) and was put on Medicaid due to it being inexpensive and not having the funds to afford anything else at this time. I'm a type 1 diabetic who was seeing the same endocrinologist since I was diagnosed over 10 years ago.

I became active on Medicaid June 1st. Tried setting up a plan with blue cross complete but was denied (?) so now I am covered by Straight Healthy Michigan plan but was told I need to set up a plan with one of the Medicaid insurance plans asap. Unfortunately though, I haven't been able to find ANY endocrinologist within 30 miles of where I live that takes new patients with Medicaid.

I'm not sure if there is a loophole somewhere here that I am missing. I didn't expect it to be this difficult to find a doctor, and what I'm most concerned about if finding a place that I will be able to refill my prescriptions from. Currently I have a Medtronic insulin pump, humalog insulin, and use Freestyle Lite test strips.

I have called Medicaid multiple times and now they are unable to guide me in the right direction. They've given me names and numbers of multiple doctors offices who they claim take Medicaid, but every one of them says they don't, or don't take new patients when I do call them.

If anyone on this sub takes the time to read this and has any insight, I would love a little bit of guidance. Right now I feel like I'm hitting a wall.

Thank you!