TL;DR: Requiring way less insulin than before despite eating statistically-significantly more carbs and no change in exercise or stress. Feeling and reading low every day at least once. Concerned and looking for help, advice, or just a "that's normal" response.
- Age 27, Male, 5'8" & 148 lbs (173 cm, 67 kg)
- Diagnosed type-1 in 2015 w/ A1c of 12.8% (~117 mmol/mol)
- Last A1c check (March) was 6.5% (~47 mmol/mol)
- MDI - Novolog & Tresiba (I have a 530G & CGM but I hate them)
Early last year I was still honeymooning but by late summer I was pretty much settled and had great control with a few highs and very rarely lows. I've had to adjust for holidays and such but I've been on basically the same regimen since (32U Tresiba daily || 1-to-9 carb ratio || Corr. Factor 30).
However, about a month ago I started getting lows again despite no obvious changes in diet or lifestyle. I have started eating/drinking more carbs than usual over the last 2 weeks, and have been decreasing my insulin intake, but I keep getting lows (I had a 54 and 72 at different points today). I'm currently at (26U Tresiba daily || 1-to-22 carb ratio || Corr. factor 60), a significant difference.
I don't like getting lows, I'm sure no one does, but recently I've been getting so low so often that I'm starting to get scared every time I use insulin. Are fluctuations in insulin production normally this drastic?
Thanks.
Social Plugin