Two weeks ago my fasting blood sugar was 381! Today it is down to 139!

I was diagnosed with type 2 two weeks ago. I was not expecting it. My doctor told me I was lucky I wasn't in DKA. I started on Metformin, but ladt week switched to Jauvia because of awful side effects. I have been carb counting and doing my best to stay on a good diabetic diet. I have a terrible cold at the moment, but my blood sugar has been fine. I am really proud of myself. I have to get bloodwork done in a few weeks. My A1C was 12.8. I am hoping it will be closer to 7, but have heard that may not be possible for a few months. I hope to keep it up and maybe be okay enough to have a single slice of birthday cake on my birthday, but I am taking it one day at a time. I think I am on the right path. I don't know if I need to be seen for my cold, but at least I haven't gone completely off the rails.