Update- Newly Diagnosed

Update to this original post.

So I had my first doctor's appointment at the VA yesterday. I was extremely nervous. I have been working hard staying low carb and eating mostly keto recipes that my wife makes. I weighed myself in the morning and I was at 263 from 288 on May 10th! It's been working. It started melting off when I switched to low carb.

Doctor was really impressed with weight loss and my research on the betus and said he wishes his other patients were similar. He checked my feet and they were good. Said that even with my initial A1C of 6.5 on May 10th I was considered well controlled( I was still eating bad when I took it) except some high cholesterol and high BP. My BP was improved a few points with the weight loss but still needs monitoring.

All in all he said he's pretty sure I'm type 2. He said no insulin needed, no metformin, just added cholesterol medicine and a small dose of aspirin to prevent anything along with continued diet and exercise and test once in the morning and once before dinner. He said I'm doing Excellent!

He pricked me(which hurt like a bitch) and my fasting BG(this was at 9am) was 90! Ordered me the monitor, strips, and medication and the VA will mail it to me. I feel much more relieved!

Question, any thing against the aspirin?

TL;DR: had first appt. Dr. Said Excellent control due to weight loss. No medication/insulin except cholesterol and aspirin. Finger testing hurts like a bitch and I need to do it twice a day. Fuck.