Thanks in advance for the opinions.
I drink pretty often and when on MDI I would never bolus for beer. In a typical night I would have 4-6 pints of beer and my sugars would range anywhere from 12-18+ mmol/l depending. On these nights when eating I bolus normally for the food. It seems the beer keeps my levels pretty high and I normally wake up at 9-12 mmol/l the next morning. I only seem to go low if I sleep in super late.
With the pump I would like to control these highs better.
My question; I just went on the Omnipod and my trainer said when drinking I should cut my basil by 50% for 8-12 hours and bolus normally for the beer. We agreed if I bolus'd a half dose per beer that would be safer to try first. How do other beer drinking pumpers handle this?
Social Plugin