Hi r/diabetes! My name is Samantha and I've been T1D for 25 years. I am currently a rising 2nd year MPH student at Yale University and I am looking to interview adults with type 1 diabetes in the U.S. who have had problems accessing or affording insulin. My thesis seeks to understand and describe how members of our community cope when faced with these challenges and the specific circumstances that contribute to insulin access problems. The T1D patient advocacy organization T1International has posted some more information on their website about my study if you are interested in learning more:
I am particularly interested in speaking with older adults ages 40-65 as a majority of the participants thus far have been in their 20s and 30s. If you fall into this category or know someone who might be willing to share their story with me, please let me know! I can be reached at samantha.willner at yale.edu or you can message me directly through Reddit.
I'm very grateful for your support in helping me advance this research, which I hope will lead to important public policy changes for those of us with T1D. Thank you!
Social Plugin