Anxiety and T1 diabetes

I was diagnosed when I was 3 with type 1 diabetes so I've never known what's it like to be like everyone else; especially with eating. Now I'm sixteen and everyone keeps harping on me about keeping control of my diabetes; easier said than done.

Admittedly my numbers are high usually once a day but it still causes me immense stress because I do try to keep it under wraps. I use a glucometer and needles to check my glucose and administer insulin and whilst other devices may help keep my. Blood sugar within the standard range I feel really uncomfortable with the thought of them. Which my parents don't seem to really understand. So any tips on how to deal with the stress of this?

Tl;Dr Extreme stress from family constantly telling me to take better care of myself. Tips please.