Just in case the Omnipod folks ever read this sub.

First of all, I love the Omnipod. It's damn near perfect for me. However, I feel there may be a slight disconnect between the developers and the people that use it everyday. I've got two suggestions to make this device better.

The first suggestion is definitely more of an oversight. One hour after activating a new pod, it sounds an alarm to remind you to check your BG. This cannot be disabled, though that's probably good. What is not good, however, is that the alarm will go off even if if you checked your BG 59 minutes after activation.

Last night I stupidly activated a pod before bed. Checked my sugar a while after and went to sleep. The battery was half full when I went to sleep. I woke up this morning and the one hour alarm was still going (I have it set to vibrate). The alarm was going off all night and my battery was nearly dead. Had this been the weekend I may have slept in, thus draining the battery completely; forcing me to toss the brand new pod in the trash and root around for my settings to reconfigure the PDM.

The second suggestion is that the tone of the alarm is terrible. It's the worst. I hear it everywhere. My PC makes it when it boots up. Trucks make it when they back up. It's the same pitch as my tinnitus. It's everywhere. I'll be honest, I never realized how common this sound was until I started using Omnipod. I'm pretty sure the headline for my death will be "Man Killed by Forklift at Home Depot; Thought His Medical device Was Malfunctioning". Maybe just change it to a two tone trill. I don't mind if the sound itself is annoying, as long as it's unique.

Thanks for reading!