Hello all!
I was diagnosed with T1 diabetes when I was 9 years old. I am turning 24 this upcoming month. It is crazy to think that I have been living with this for more than half my life. What's even crazier is the fact that I will be living with it for the rest of my life.
I sometimes wonder how different my life would be if it wasn't for diabetes. Because to be honest, I do make certain decisions based of this. I feel like I would had gone backpacking through Europe after college. It just feels like my life would be so much easier. But I'm not complaining, my life is pretty nice!
Also, I wish I had some T1 diabetic friends. That way I could vent to them and all. I feel like my family and friends just do not understand. They always make comments on what I should and shouldn't be eating. Those comments sometimes get to me. It's gotten to the point where I don't tell people that I have diabetes because they say "oh you poor thing" or "shouldn't you be eating a salad instead?"
But there's nothing I can do, but to live my life and not let diabetes run it. I'm just glad I found this community where I won't feel so alone.
Social Plugin