Hello, I am asking which meters people tend to follow. I have a Verio One - Touch and just recently got an Accu-Check monitor(insurance changes won't pay for Verio strips any more - assholes). anyway now that I have two meters I was curious which meter was working better...so yesterday I took a reading off the same blood and got two vastly different readings..so this has me curious what bullshit is going on. So I did so again today and the same thing.. Both I have used their calibration drops to test with and both of those came out correctly - si the meter is testing fine..but how can the differences be so far off? One my Verio I got a 107 reading...and on the accucheck I got 160. I then did it again right after the first and got 147 accucheck and 105 verio. Both were taken from the same blood prick and at the exact same time. I could understand a slight difference of a few points--but WTF why so much?? Hand were washed well before..what is going on? So I did this test the next day - and the other readings were also vastly different. accucheck 113 vs 129 Verio. What is going on?? Any one ever done testings like this to compare meter readings? i have marked these tests and will be asking my endo about this...but wondered what the hive mind would think of this. I am thinking if I can't trust these results - how can I trust that my A1C readings are "accurate"...or anything really and that I'm not being pumped with pills and insulin wrongly as part of a plot to enslave me to big pharma...
Social Plugin