I've asked a few of my doctors and I've never been given a straight answer. They always give me the standard 45 minutes-2 hours for full postprandial. That doesn't work for me though.
I have gastroparesis and sometimes I have a hard time with my glucose. My food doesn't digest for several hours, sometimes upwards of 8-10 if it's something I really shouldn't be eating. My A1C is 6.7 and that's really good for me, but that's not easy for me to maintain.
WHEN exactly does food start to affect glucose? Is it when it begins to exit your stomach? I also have problems with vomiting at times due to gastroparesis. Yesterday I was at 180 and got sick, then less than 30 minutes later I was at 80. I do use Dexcom and it helps a ton but I'm still just so confused because it's so unpredictable.
Does anyone else here have gastroparesis and suffer from this crap?
Social Plugin