Hello folks,
Maybe it's been said before. I'm going to say it again. I'm on MDI and using, predominantly BD needles (5mm) for Pens and wasn't 'priming' the needle each time, you know, to conserve that precious, infuriating, liquid.
Did that for about 12 weeks after diagnosis and then my DE said I really should check. Injecting air is waaaaay to risky. Yeh good point. So for the past 10 months I've always put one ml (NovoRapid) through the needle before delivering the dose.
Yesterday I was just going through the motions. Calculate required does. Enter that in to xDrip+. Take the cover off the needle. Turn the counter to 1. Press the button....... then, nothing came out. That's weird. Do it again. Nothing. Again. Nothing. What the....?
Take the needle off the Pen and...... there's no internal needle. Yep, that means my NovoRapid Pen is now primed with 3 units of built up pressure. If I'd not checked I would have thought I'd given myself 4 units (my intended dose) when in fact I'd given nothing. Hello massive high BG.
Long story short. Always! put one ml through your Pen needle before you dose. You'll avoid giving yourself nothing &, more importantly, you'll avoid a high dose (crashing low) next time.
Social Plugin