Diabetic boyfriend

Okay, so my boyfriend (M15) and I (F15) have been together for 9 months, and he has diabetes type 1. I have lived among diabetics my entire life and I know the basics and I know when to help him, but since you are all experienced here you might be able to help me out.

I want to be the best girlfriend I can be for him, he knows how to take care of himself since he's had it since age 4 and has been using an insulin pump for a couple of years. I often try to remind him when he eats something "Have you taken insulin?" and such and I help him when he's low, but I don't want to be the "mom". I also want other tips and tricks, anything that could be helpful to make me a pro B)

I often google stuff but I don't know, feels better to ask you. So please, what can I do to be a better girlfriend for him by helping with the diabetes?