Diabetic Superpowers

So this happened on Friday but my wife and I were in couples therapy (everything’s good we just like to continue to work and grow) and sometimes we will have a little more one on one time with the therapist. This time I talked about my 15 year journey with type 1 diabetes (I’m 27) and we dived into my feelings about it. I realized that I’ve never done a tallying of the good things I’ve gotten from it and I’ve always had the perception that “it’s not like I’m Ray Charles and my blindness heightened my hearing” y’know? I go through periods where I feel very negative about it and the chronic nature of the day in day out wears me down. So... I’m gonna do some journaling and thinking about the positives that I can find in my diagnosis but was wondering if anyone else has had any physical, mental, emotional, spiritual benefits or awakenings from carrying this disease. Feel free to message me privately but I’d also like to crowd source some hopeful energy about this disease.

TLDR: what are some positive benefits you’ve noticed from type 1 diabetes?