I can't afford my Trulicty injections and my insurance wont pay for them. Not sure what other options I have.

Which made no sense because I have been on the medication for 4 months now and they paid for it before. The pharmacist told me the injections are almost $1,000 for a one month supply. I usually get my meds with a three month supply so that's $3,000 for a three month supply!

I got a letter stating the reason for my pre authorization denial is because I don't meet ANY of the following requirements- must be on or have taken metformin previously and it did not work, A1C of 7 or higher, have a cardiovascular heart condition, and (or) have been taking the medication for three months or more.

I have taken the injections once weekly for 4 months now, my A1C is well above 7 last my endocrine checked I was past 10, and I took metformin years ago and it did not work. So I met three of the four requirements and my doctor even sent documentation to prove it but they denied it again. My blood sugars have drastically lowered since taking these injections.

I went from having numbers in the 300-400 range to being in the 100-150 range. My next A1C check is in January. I have Cigna through my employer but my meds are paid through CVS caremark which are the ones denying me. What can I do? I haven't been able to get an injection in two weeks now and my sugars are slowly crawling back up.