Hello, I am 22M and was just diagnosed with (supposed type 1, not confirmed yet which type) diabetes after a trip to the hospital with DKA. Its been about a week since I got out of the hospital and I thought I had a hang of everything but I guess not.
I average a high blood sugar, but I take insulin based on what the doctors have been recommending me. Sometimes I'm at 400 before bed, take the required units then 7 hours later or so I wake up at 350. Pretty much every meal has made my blood sugar go super high even though I take the right amount of insulin.
I still have not had a endocrinologist see me yet, im a government employee (probably not for long) and its taking a while. Any tips before I go see the endocrinologist? I have a feeling I'm going to have to work on this myself for a while. I take 1 unit of insulin for every 15g of carbs I eat.
Any idea why this might be happening? Am I counting my carbs wrong for meals? I just have very little knowledge about this, any advice would be great.
Thank you!
Social Plugin