I was in DKA with an A1C level of 12.1 and a blood sugar level of 451 when I admitted myself into the hospital last week Thursday. I just got out again yesterday because the day before I got out my dad accidentally gave me too much insulin for my first shot. I’m 22 years young and I’m ready for this lifestyle change. I haven’t been feeling good for awhile now and after the hospital stay I feel so much better I feel like they flushed out all my toxins. I’m taking 70/30 insulin shots twice a day and I’ve been so far keeping my sugar under 250 and above 70. I’m just curious as to what tips you guys could give me with this big change of lifestyle. Also what’s with all this pump stuff? Is this only for type 1s? Pricking your finger seems like a lot what is this cgm? I have a drs appt Thursday to start talking with my dr about this situation. The reason I admitted myself to the hospital was mainly because I was throwing up and couldn’t keep anything down for 2 days. Thanks in advance!
Social Plugin