About two weeks ago I got a cold and my son had some symptoms a lot like mine so I had written it off as he gave it to me. (I was tested and not COVID) it lasted for the week and that weekend we just hung out on the couch as we where both lethargic but our other symptoms had passed. This week I got better but he was still very tired. Asked to go to bed early and always moping around. We had planned on taking him to the doctors on Monday but last night he puked and we took him to emerg this morning.
The doctor was amazing and recognized it right away. After the blood test everything started to move super fast. We live in a small town and they had to call a pediatric doctor to get a diagnosis and start him on an IV. We where shipped to a bigger hospital put in emerg. and now he has been moved to ICU and hopefully soon released to the pediatric ward. My wife is with him as only one parent is allowed in the ICU.
I don't know anyone who has diabetes and know very little about it. My wife and I are going to get a crash course tomorrow but I want to reach out to reddit for your advise, tips, stories or anything to bring me up to speed. I feel terrible for not recognizing the signs and would love anything you have to offer. Thank you.
Social Plugin