I don't know if I need advice or just need to vent but even after months of being on a low carb diet (which has done very good things for my A1C) I am finding it difficult to eat enough calories in a day. It's not exactly that I don't have an appetite, it's also that I'm just feeling a bit uninspired, and there's only so much dang cheese I want to eat.
I know if I post this on Keto they'll be like "Awesome!!" but I often struggle to break 1000 calories a day, and while I am not a huge person, I also get exercise and am generally active so I feel like I should be eating more. I also sometimes get to the end of the night and realize I'm starving and then realize I ate like 700 calories all day.
I know the common Keto advice is to eat more fat when you need to, but I don't really want to double down on saturated fat (which is in most things they suggest like extra butter/cheese) and I am just not sure what else to do. Nuts? Do I eat all the nuts? I already eat multiple avocados a week and I don't want to grow to hate them. It used to be so easy to stretch out a meal with a starch, but when my options are basically meat and vegetables I find I am full (or at least sick of eating....) way sooner.
You'd think I was at least losing weight but it's been very stable so... that's fun. I'm still kind of worried I'm going to be malnourished though.
EDIT: To be clear I'm doing low carb but not strictly keto. The amount of carbs varies but I try to do 25 carbs a meal or less. So there IS wiggle room for starchier foods, but not a ton.
Social Plugin