How safe am I without a CGM/Insulin pump, and any advice to my condition (related to question or unrelated)

Hi everyone, I recently (1 month) got diagnosed with Diabetes Mellitus (I think type 3c) due to necrotizing severe pancreatitis. I'll just be brief with the background and give the story another day, but it was completely preventable, and it was alcohol related.

My diabetes seems to be pretty well managed so far, I test with a monitor when waking, prior to a meal, 1 hr after a meal, 2 hrs after a meal, and before going to bed. My 30 day mean is 6.1 mmol/l. Blood sugar peaks to around 7-9 mmol/l after a meal and drops within 2-4 hours. Waking is around 4.8-5.5 mmol/l. I have a pretty disciplined diet of and consume 0 sugar based sweets, and no sugary foods.

I started with 30u of long acting insulin in the morning and night, making it 60 units per day, I have dropped to just taking 20u in the mornings. I also take metformin at morning and night. I was getting hypos with the insulin night dose, ever since stopping night insulin, I've not got one since. I have never experienced any symptoms of hyperglycemia (yet, but hopefully hardly ever).

I heard that cgms/pumps can improve ones outcome significantly. The costs for one in Australia is about $10,000 AUD and apparently have to be replaced every 2-4 years. So it seems unnecessarily expensive and difficult to obtain.

What's the opinions of some of you experienced diabetes veterans? If you guys want to know anything more, I'm hanging around.

Cheers =), great community here too.