My father has diabetic neuropathy in both feet

About 20 years ago, since then he's stop drinking alcohol, switched to diet soda ( I know its not much better, but he's trying), took his meds and checked his sugar. A lot of life has happened, let me give a very short overview.

My dad has battled addiction for about 17 or so years. he's been through rehab, relapsed and then found cocaine. The pandemic has made it hard to find any, and he's been clean since early April (something good came from this shit year I guess ). He lost his house and moved in with his sister and brother about 10 years ago. I recently found out he has not been taken his meds or really seen a doctor in the last 3 years. a little over a month ago he told me he has a pretty bad wound on his heel. Its a pretty gnarly ulcer, I clean his wound everyday. We've been seeing doctors (primary, podiatrist) non stop since then. Slowly we are getting him back on track, its not easy. He's stubborn, and a loud arguer. He's depressed, doesn't shower ofter and eats whatever is easiest, McDonald's and Wawa. So here's were I need some help.

I want to put together a meal plan that would be easy for him. I want to make the meals so he doesn't have to worry about anything but his meds and his dog. Tips and recipes, any advice really, would be very helpful.