So I started using the Minimed 630G pump about a month and a half ago. I also started using the CGM sensor at the same time. An FYI about my lifestyle, I play outdoor ball hockey twice a week (read: sweaty), like to hike and perhaps have sensitive skin?
The tape that the sensor comes with is useless. Even without ball hockey it barely lasts the 6 days, and then because of how you tape down the sensor, once the tape starts to unstick, I can't remove it fully and put new tape on but instead have to layer.
My diabetic friend said he uses Tagiderm and puts the entire patch over top of the sensor with no other tape. I've given this a try for a few weeks but the tagiderm leaves me super itchy, with red irritated marks, and as soon as I start sweating I have to remove the patch and apply a new one.
Also when camping I forgot to pack extra tagiderm and so after it completely unstuck after hiking, I had to use medical tape from my first aid kit to keep my sensor on for another day until we went home (major irritated and rash)
So what I'm looking for is something that is breathable, durable, and something that is changeable if I have to switch it after hockey. If it could withstand sweat then that's even better, but for now I'm not looking for a miracle product, just something that won't leave my so itchy and irritated. Any suggestions??
Social Plugin