31 Jan — A1C was 12.7%
4 June — A1C was 6.9%
31 Jan — Random glucose was 304 mg/dl
4 June — Random glucose was 118 mg/dl
Fuck you, diabetes!
I am still eating low carb and hating it. I've allowed myself to eat "good" carbs like sweet potato, brown rice, quinoa, etc in moderation. I would definitely love to just eat 10 cupcakes at any given moment some days, but I remind myself I'd rather live 10 more years instead.
I'm trying to add more types of work outs into my day. Yesterday I climbed 3 flights of stairs all in one go and didn't have to stop in the middle or gasp for breath once I got to the top. A year ago I'd probably have wheezed out halfway up or needed to sit in my car for 5 mins and recover.
I can now walk a mile in less than 20 minutes without having to stop. When I first started timing my walks, I was lucky to have a 28 minute pace and had to stop every 1/3 mile or so from cramps in my legs.
I know these are shitty achievements, but they're my achievements and I'm lapping my 300+ pound couch potato self ten times over.
Say it with me now... Fuck you, diabetes!
Social Plugin