I have been using a Dexcom CGM for about four months now and I decided to insert it into the back of my arm for the first time this week. I was extremely nervous since I'm fairly thin and it usually stings quite a bit on my stomach but it was surprisingly completely painless and easy on my arm. I had someone there in case I needed help but I didn't even need them!
The only problem I've had is I don't seem to be getting accurate readings. They're fairly close but not always within the 20% of my meter like it's supposed to be and the trends are very "jumpy". For example, here is the past hour of my readings: http://ift.tt/2rRVMjn
It's did have a snack so I expected the rise but on my stomach I always saw smooth curves and this is weird. Also, despite being well hydrated and calibrating when I'm supposed to, it's off. My meter says I'm 249 when my CGM says I'm 199. I had the same issue last night when it alarmed that I was 200 and my meter said I was 160.
Is the arm just a bad spot for me? Do you all have tips about specific places to on your arm or orientations? I love this location so I want to be able to use it but I never had these "jumpy" trends or such different readings from my meter before and I really don't like it.
Social Plugin