It's been 3.5 years since I nearly died from ketoacidosis and was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes at 27 years old. My A1C was 12.1%.
My subsequent A1Cs have been: 5.7%, 5.7%, 5.4%, 5.2%, and yesterday's result - 5.4%.
Throughout this time I have made drastic changes to my diet, going from ultra low carb primal / paleo, to carb backloading, to giving up meat entirely and adapting a pescatarian diet. My control stayed consistent.
I get flamed for these posts as pride can easily come off as arrogance, and I don't give a shit. My health is the result of nothing but my own hard work, persistence, diligence, and self education so I feel like I get to gloat about it a bit.
I don't use a CGM or pump but test religiously, setting alarms to get up through the night, every night. I take up to 20 injections a day at as low as half unit amounts, because that's what it takes.
Barring comorbid diseases, control and health is up to you. Living with this disease is a massive nuissance, huge pain in the ass... Keeping complete control of this disease can be overwhelmingly tiresome. But that's what it takes if we want to live the life we want and deserve.
The universe doesn't owe us a god damned thing, nor does it feel the least bit sorry for you. The universe doesn't care why it's just hard right now, and will take your fucking eye sight. Or your heart. Or your feet. Or your 'insert anything tied to well being and being alive'.
Go check your sugars. Right now.
Social Plugin