I had blood work done today and I was told that I have pre-diabetes.
My fasting blood sugar was 108 in February, and nothing was said. Now my fasting blood sugar is at 112, after I've been exercising regularly (3-4x a week for an hour) and I've lost some weight.
My A1C is 5.2, so it seems that for whatever reason that seems fine- but I don't know if that means anything. My cholesterol hasn't changed, and my triglycerides have gone down from 644 (very high) to 538 (still very high.)
My BMI is still 36, so I'm planning on lowering it still towards the 25 goal, and getting my body fat from 27.3% to about 20%.
So my question is, can I become no longer "pre-diabetic" if I continue to lose weight and eat low carbs, or am I stuck with a high fasting blood sugar level for the rest of my life?
Social Plugin