[Rant] My doctor messaged me today.

I was diagnosed the beginning of April. I immediately made changes, went straight Keto. She had strange suggestions like having all my carbs in 1 meal, test only once a day (which I did not, I tested way more than that, how was I supposed to figure out what foods I react to?). One thing she did during that appointment was set me up for a 6 week follow up to do an A1C. At diagnosis I was 13.1, at 6 week follow up, I am 9.2 NOT 3 months. Throughout the process I had difficulties such as dawn phenomena, few situations were I miscalculated portion which resulted in more carbs than I expected, but I was very strict.

My BG is 80 to 110 now. 85 when I woke up today. She messaged me today finally following up on the A1C. She called it not well controlled. Yes, because it was at 6 weeks, not 3 months.

Listen, Gal... you said this was for trending only. You REPEATEDLY said this is only for trending. If we follow that trend, I'd be in the 5 range at the 3 month mark. I rather not have done this appointment because I have to pay 100% of the costs, but no. I humored you.

I'm not happy. I've been very strict, there's no such thing as a cheat meal/cheat day because I have associated that with death. Morbid, but gets the job done. Just makes my blood boil.

Sorry, I really have no one to rant to.