Hey fellow diabetics!
As implied in the title, I'm signed up to participate in the tough mudder tomorrow, and I wanted to make this post asking if any of you have any experience with this, or any other comparable races or events.
I am currently on the animas vibe pump, and I've got the dexcom 4 CGM connected to it.
The pump itself says that it's waterproof, but I'm not sure how much I should trust that. Does anyone have any experience with taking them through the ringer like this? Any issues?
There are some sliding, crawling and submerging challenges on the course too. Does anyone have any suggestions to make sure that my pump site, and CGM don't fall off? I was also thinking of putting in 2 different pump sites in case my tubing gets caught and rips one of them out. Is that a good idea?
I'm planning on bringing a fanny pack full of snacks and Dex4s, what else should I be bringing?
Anyways, thanks in advance for all the ideas! I was just diagnosed 2 years ago, and I got my pump hooked up just after christmas this year, so I'm pretty new to all of this.
Cheers! :)
Social Plugin