Hi there,
I'm a 26/m. Marginally overweight, BMI of 25.5. Currently, not diabetic.
A few weeks ago I had my yearly check-up, which included a blood test. This year they uncovered a fasting blood glucose level in the pre-diabetic range (104), but normal A1C (5.1).
Being a quantified-life kind of guy, I decided to buy a monitor and track my FBG each morning. Over the last few weeks, readings have ranged from 83-105, normal tending towards the high end of that range. I've also tested my post meal control, taking a read 1 and 2 hours after a meal. Glucose goes up to 120 or so, but not higher.
I understand that my FBG indicates pre-diabetes, but I want to gain a better understanding of what's happening with my body. Do the normal post-meal and A1C reads indicate anything significant? And if I am pre-diabetic despite those normal reads, is there anything I can do now to reverse, stop, or slow the progression of this condition?
Thanks!
Social Plugin