"doctor tells me 16 is my normal" he says....

Just a little story from yesterday

So on my way out of work I have to go through security, which is walking through a metal detector and having my bag searched.

Well on my way out yesterday, the security guard was like....

Him: "why do you have so many regular pops in your bag if you are diabetic"

Me: I need them if my blood sugar goes low.

Him: what do you mean low? My doctor told me that 16 is my normal, I'm type 2 and take pills and shots.

Me: well I'm type 1,my sugar goes low with to much insulin or exercise, and when it goes low I use regular pop to bring it back up to normal.

Him: well what's low and what's normal?

Me: lows for me are usually below 4, normal is between 5 and 7. If your doctor is telling you 16 is normal, you should probably get a new doctor, you will run into some problems.

This didn't really make sense to him, he was still confused, kinda feel bad for him.

HOPE he gets some help