Looking for an Endo in Ontario (Toronto ideally but flexible).

Hi, Everyone!

First Post EVER - Tried to format but might have failed...

I'm basically looking for an Endo who doesn't make me hate everything and myself. I'm in Toronto but my current situation is so stressful that I would be happy to commute to see a great Endo+Team.

Here's what isn't working for me:

  • Current Endo does not seem supportive of my CGM. I have hypo unawareness; the CGM is the only thing that makes me feel safe. She has said that it gives me "too much information" and I find that absolutely despicable (curious if others find that as rude as I do?).

  • I have left her office in tears twice because I found her rude and insulting and impatient

  • I feel like I live at the hospital - appointments every 3 months doesn't work for me and never will.

Here’s what I’m looking for:

  • Doctor skilled at having conversations about mental health without making client feel judged or “broken”

  • Doctor who likes and supports CGMs and preferably knows how to use Dexcom Clarity to receive patient data (but would be just fine to stop at "supports CGM!")

  • If possible not a teaching hospital

  • Someone who respects my time

  • Someone who understands the concept of consent; I frequently feel assaulted after appointments because I know I should be saying yes to exams and tests but the truth is that I’m not comfortable and not okay with it. I know that’s a tough pill to swallow because there are certain ones that are important but I need to talk about all the options and find one that minimizes my distress.

  • Someone with empathy – I would go to Sudbury/Red Lake/Fort Severn/Etc... to see an Endo with T1because they would get what it’s like to be in this situation every effing moment.

Sorry for such a long post - appreciate you!!