Great A1C but don't even feel that great about it

Just had an appointment with my endo and found out my A1C is 5.8 (previous ones were 12, then 7.8, then 6.1). I feel like I should be happier about it, but the constant stress of trying so hard to do everything right is so draining. And for the past month everything has gotten much harder; I'm pretty sure my natural insulin production is trailing off.

A part of me feels a little validation that I'm doing things right, but the idea of trying this hard the rest of my life is daunting. is it time to try a pump? Would that even help? Or will I spend even more time trying to fine tune things ad nauseam? I brought it up with my endo, but she said she doesn't want me making so many changes since I'm still new at this and doing well with MDI. I just want a little break from it so badly. I'm so jealous of people who have a spouse or parent or someone to help at least a little.