Type 1.
Hello. I left my city to travel home (3 hour train journey) today.
Halfway through, I had just finished eating lunch (60-70 grams of carbohydrates) when I realised I don’t have my fast-acting NovaRapid insulin. I had left it at home, and wouldn’t be able to go back and get it. Fortunately I have some spares at home where I am heading, but I won’t be there for another 2 hours.. my blood sugar has already spiked to 17.4 mmol.
My question is - how f*cked am I? I can’t check ketones because I don’t have the strips. My blood sugar is still rising from all the carbs I had at lunch. In desperation I put in 5 units of Levemir insulin (which I didn’t forget) but I’m not sure that was the right thing to do. Any advice? Is it worth stopping at the next stop and finding the nearest hospital or should I just wait until I finish my journey?
Any advice appreciated.
Social Plugin