Hey /diabetes,
Last doctor visit was some concern of slightly higher than happy A1C, fasting glucose levels etc. Doctor suggested nothing immediate to be done...get more exercise, eat better etc. I started immediately so we'll see.
Not being my way though, I went and got a glucose meter to start checking on things myself and try to understand what it going on a bit better. I already do some intermittent fasting, and eat relatively low carb now. Pretty sedentary desk job though. Anyways...
1) Morning glucose reading was 6.2 mmol today after a bad sleep (I use a CPAP machine for sleep apnea). Yesterday morning it was 5.4 after a better than normal sleep. I am reading that there seems to be many that get higher than normal rebound readings in the morning (many low-carbers) due to hormones (cortisol), which can also be a side-effect of poorly treated sleep apnea. Is this a thing? Would eating a slow-carb with some plain yogurt before going to bed be a good idea? Perhaps just upping my healthy carbs a bit more in general? I'll start getting better sleep data as well as I guess it could be both, either, or neither.
2) Glucose rate change. Just had a relatively healthy lunch (after fasting 16 hours)...big bowl of raw baby spinach with some white roasted chicken, some full fat (1 TBs) blue cheese dressing diluted with water and a very small slice of veggie pizza. Went for a 30 minute walk right afterwards, and 1 hour after lunch did a meter reading and was 22 mmol. Strange. NEVER seen it that high ever...did it 10 minutes later and it was 6.7mmol. Is that possible? Was the 22 a "glitch" or was it spiked and can drop that fast?
Thanks all for your time....
Social Plugin