How many lows do you usually experience in a day/week?

24/M, I was diagnosed T1 in February 2018, so going on almost 2 years.

I usually experience 1-2 lows a day. Not every day, but at least a few days out of the week I will experience a low. Usually this is in conjunction with my evening post-work schedule of exercise + commuting (walking ~1mi) + dinner.

My overall average BG recently has been around 130-135. 88% time in range (70-180), 10% above 180, 2% below 70. Most recent A1C was 5.8. During my last doctor's visit, my endo told me that my A1C was too low, and that I must be going low way too often and that I should aim for a higher A1C.

I'm pretty afraid of highs when they happen because they can take awhile to correct compared with lows. I could miscalculate carbs (sometimes it is a guessing game especially when eating out) and end up shooting into the 200's, then I have to guess how much I could've underestimated by and tell my pump to give me more of a bolus. Sometimes this will cause me to go low with over-estimating, but lows can be quickly corrected with sugar whereas highs can last for hours if not caught quickly.

Is this an irrational philosophy to have? I am just very afraid of long-term complications due to running too high, but I'm not sure if 1-2 lows a day is too frequent?

How often do you experience lows in a given week?