Changing diet to a low/no-carb diet

About me: I'm an 18-year old type 1 diabetic living in Sweden. I've been a diabetic since 14. I get free medication due to free healthcare from living in Sweden. I use an Omni pod pump for insulin dosages and I use the Dexcom g6 for monitoring my blood sugar.

My brother and I were talking and he gave me the idea to go carb-free to lower my inulin usage for the convenience for both eating and insulin usage. This way I wouldn't have to worry about my blood sugar spiking. My immediate reaction was that it would be too risky as reducing the carbs you eat generally means you will have lower average blood sugar, but then I thought that "I would just lower micro dosages from the pump and maybe this would counter the effect of the low blood sugars and maybe increase my blood sugar?" So I am trying to inquire more about a low carb/keto diet for a diabetic. Any advice or information is appreciated