Got my first A1C since diagnosis

So I was diagnosed in January with an A1C of 9.8 and my blood sugar was 312 that day. I went yesterday finally to get my bloodwork done. I was nervous because even though I do low carb, I don’t exercise really. I lost a lot of weight and I’m afraid to lose any more weight. Also, I do have the occasional bread , fruit, pretzels ( like 5 of them at a time)and rice. I figured maybe it would go down to 7 if I was lucky. Imagine my surprise today when the test showed my A1C now 5.6! I honestly don’t know how that happened but I’m happy. My cholesterol panels all came down as well. I. Still in shock with these results , hopefully I can be a little bit less restrictive, not go crazy but maybe not be so uptight. Anyway , I just thought I’d share something nice since I’m usually pretty sad and depressed when I post on these boards.