So, a little background: I was diagnosed almost 2 months ago with BG around 370. My primary doctor and the doctor at the ER said it was type 1, considering my age and weight, but after seeing the endo she said it’s type 2, since my gad test came back negative and my c peptide level was 1.5 (reference range 1.1-4.4). She took me off the insulin I was on while we were still determining all this and now I’m just on metformin and trulicity.
I have my suspicions, though. At first I was doing fine, with normal levels even after eating pasta/rice, and often dipping into the 60s. But now, my numbers are creeping back up again, with no change in diet or meds. It’s just a gut feeling, but could it be possible I was just in the honeymoon period? Or is there a chance it’s type 1.5? What did the end of the honeymoon period look like for anyone here who experienced it?
Social Plugin