Got Diabetic Ketoacidosis and was tenatively diagnosed Type 2?

Hey guys,

Has anyone heard of people getting diabetic ketoacidosis while being Type 2? I've been discharged from the hospital day before yesterday after a 10-day hospitalization stay due to DKA and severe dehydration (didn't know I had diabetes and found out my a1c was 10.6 while in the ER).

They've tentatively diagnosed me with type 2 diabetes, but the endocrinologist isn't 100 sure yet and said it could just be the honeymoon phase. I was reading online and found that it was unusual for DKA to happen to type 2 diabetics.

So far the ISLET CELL Antibodies test came back negative and the GLUTAMIC ACID DECARBOXYLASE AB result was < 5 IU/mL (within reference). Both of which suggest it isn't type 1 diabetes. My C-Peptide also came back at 2.57 ng/mL (within reference), so I guess my pancreas is still sort of working for now?

Does anyone have any advice on this? Could this be misdiagnosed type 1 or another more rare form of diabetes?