I’ve been testing myself for the past year. My fasting blood sugars range anywhere from 125 to 135 upon waking. I’ve done multiple A1c tests from CVS and they all come up with anything from 5.0-5.3. I went to the doctor and asked them to check if I had diabetes so they decided to do an A1 C test in the lab. The test came back as a 5.8. My tester is a contour next and is very reliable. (i’ve tested it against my diabetic friend’s testers) I even do multiple tests and they all show up within five points of each other using the same blood. Some days I would wake up with a blood sugar of 182, 169, 171 etc. (but those are not often) I ask the doctor if I need to get on medication and she tells me no because my A-1 C is satisfactory. But my fasting blood sugars point to the contrary. (i’ve also bought different types of blood glucose meters to make sure I don’t have a lemon, and they all state the same readings) anybody else have these problems? also, I’ve never been diagnosed with diabetes. Just seeing if anybody else has a problem like this.
Social Plugin