Is it normal to still have ketones after being treated for DKA?

12 year T1 here. I just got out of the hospital yesterday after my first DKA experience. When I left the hospital I felt like a million bucks other than being sore and tired. I had my first real meal when I got home that made my BG spike a bit but I got that under control rather quickly and started feeling alright again. After my second meal, I checked for ketones again and there were moderate amounts. I started trying to flush them out and got them down to trace amounts, but my insulin pump failed last night and my BG spiked again and the ketones are now back up to moderate amounts. I don’t recall the hospital actually testing me for ketones other than when I was admitted, so I’m not sure if I consistently had them while I was there. My question is whether it is normal to still have to treat for ketones the day after being released from the hospital for DKA.